20% density will block out 20% of light. This white polyethylene fabric absorbs and reflects the white scattered light from the atmosphere. The interior of the structure is cooler than that covered by black shade cloth in hot weather conditions, as white shade cloth reflects the heat.
- Bulk shade cloth has an unfinished edge that does not include reinforcing tape or grommets.
- Unlike woven shade cloth, the tough, lockstitch construction of our knitted material will prevent unfinished edges from unraveling.
- Bulk shade cloth can be easily cut with a sharp pair of scissors to any desired size.Bulk pieces can be attached using snap grommets, zip ties or other fastening methods.
Minimum Order Charge
A $30 minimum order charge will be applied to bulk shade cloth purchases less than $60 in value. This charge will be added if the total value of your bulk shade cloth purchase is less than $60 (not including other products, accessories, sales tax or shipping). Please contact Greenhouse Megastore customer service if you have any questions regarding this fee.
Call a Sales Representative at 1-888-281-9337 to place quantity orders. Purchase orders are accepted from schools and institutions.
- Orders over 15,000 SF - Less 10% from published prices
- Orders over 85,000 SF - Less 15% from published prices
5 year prorated warranty against UV degradation
Depending on the size ordered, your shade fabric may contain a .
Recommended Shade Cloth Density
|30%||Asters, Chrysanthemums, Geraniums, and Snapdragons|
|40%||Bedding Plants*, Gloxinias, Herbs*, Iris, Lilies, Vegetables*|
|50%||Bromeliads, Ficus, Orchids (Dendrobiums, Epidendrums, Vandas)|
|60%||Orchids (Oncidiums, Phalaenopsis)|
|70%||Ferns, Orchids (Cypripediums), Philodendron|
When hanging shade cloth pieces larger than 100 sq. ft., you may need extra center support to prevent the cloth from sagging in the middle. One easy way to do this is by running lightweight cable from corner to opposite corner, forming an X pattern that the cloth can rest on. For pieces larger than 400 sq. ft., you may need cables running end to end every 4' or so.