The 3/4” Digital Hose End Timer, one in DIG's newest range of hose end timers, offers simplified programming and improved monitoring of battery power with less current, resulting in longer battery life and more reliable operation. With higher flow rates at lower inlet pressures and a range of programming features, the B09D delivers a reliable and cost-effective solution for residential use. The timer has four start times per day with durations from 1 minute to 12 hours 59 minutes in an operating flow range of .5 to 6.3 gallons per minute, allowing use in a wide range of applications including drip irrigation or micro sprinkler systems connected to a garden hose or faucet/spigot. It uses one 9-volt alkaline battery that can last for over a year.
- 3/4” FHT inlet and MHT outlet
- Easy programming using six buttons and large LCD display
- AM / PM clock
- Watering duration from 1 minute to 12 hours 59 minutes in 1 minute intervals
- Seven day watering calendar
- Four start times per day
- Preset program of five minutes watering every day
- Electronic battery monitoring that provides constant reading of battery strength
- Five part battery strength indication: 4, 3, 2, 1 bar and then flashing one bar on close down
- Low battery auto lock out to ensure that the timer valve will not open unless it can close
- Low energy use (less than 20 micro amps in standby mode) ensures long battery life
- Easy manual operations using Start and Stop buttons.
- Rain mode easily accessed by holding the OFF key for three seconds
- High water flow at normal water pressures.
- Operates on low water flow of less than 0.5 GPM
- High strength female hose thread connection with easy removal via spring clip
- 3/4" FHT inlet with screen and MHT outlet
- Powered by one 9-volt alkaline battery with a battery life up to one year
- Weather resistant
- Three year limited manufacturer warranty
- Watering duration from 1 minute up to 12 hours and 59 minutes
- Duration can be set in one minute increments
- Watering frequency: can be programmed in a seven-day watering calendar
- In weekly schedule the controller can be programmed to operate on any days of the week such as Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
- In weekly schedule the controller can be programed with up to four start times per day.
- Operating pressure 10 PSI to 80 PSI (0.6 – 5.5 Bar)
- Flow rate up to 6.3 gpm at 30 PSI (24 L/PM at 2 Bar)
- Temperature range: 40°F to 125° F (3° C to 50° C)
- Power source: 9-volt alkaline battery (not included)
- Solenoid: durable electric motor
- Power consumption: 20 micro amps in standby mode
- Materials: body ABS, and inner parts of high-impact plastic
- Dimensions: 6” D X 4” W x 6.5” H ( 15.2 cm X 10.0 cm X 16.2 cm)
How to Use
This Digital Hose End Timer has a 3/4” swivel female hose inlet and outlet with male hose thread so it can be attached into a garden hose or faucet/spigot. Our suggestion is to install the timer above ground to any hose thread connection. The timer uses six programming buttons. The left button is used only for On mode, the button on the right is used only for Off mode, and the four buttons in the center are used to program the unit.
This hose end timer requires one 9-volt battery (alkaline battery recommended).
- To install the battery, use firm pressure to lift the battery compartment cover in the back of the unit.
- Insert a new 9-volt battery and lock down the battery in place. The polarity is marked for direction.
- Replace battery compartment cover in its proper place, ensuring a triangle is formed on the underside of the timer. Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details.
Installation into a faucet
- If installation is into a faucet, connect the swivel female hose thread to the faucet using the swivel adapter.
- OPTIONAL: If the timer is installed with a drip irrigation system, make sure to add a 25 or 30 PSI pressure regulator after the timer to lower the pressure to the drip system, then install a 150 or higher mesh screen filter to protect the drip system, following with a swivel adapter to the drip tubing.
- After the timer has been programmed, turn the faucet on and test the timer by pressing the On button once to see the timer open and press the Off button to see it close. No other steps are needed.
3/4” Digital Hose End Timer Manual (PDF)