ECO1™ILV Solar Powered Digital Timer is an advanced single-station solar powered irrigation controller mounted on a 3/4" in-line valve for use with drip irrigation or sprinkler systems. Power is derived via a patented, time-tested internal photovoltaic module and microelectronic energy management system that is fueled by ambient light (solar). This provides power to the controller through the day anytime, anywhere and in any weather.
The controller uses features that include five start times per day, watering duration of up to 5 hours and 59 minutes, Manual Run, Monthly Budget, Rain Off with restart in up to 99 days, System Off and Irrigation Off for any month of the year. It also has additional features that include daily watering restrictions that can be used on any watering event that requires curbing by cites and municipalities.
- Environmentally friendly with no backup battery or AC power necessary; uses clean, renewable solar power
- Use for drip irrigation or sprinkler systems
- Seven buttons with integrated LCD
- Programmable run times from 1 minute to 5 hours and 59 minutes in 1 minute increments
- No backup battery or AC power necessary - uses clean solar
- Watering flexibility with a selection of watering frequencies and a number of start times
- Simple icon-based programming
- Daily and weekly programming that complies with city and municipal watering restrictions
- Manual On/Off button opens the valve and shows the time left to run.
- Semi-automatic or manual operation
- Power level meter indicates the approximate charge (energy available)
- On activation, the controller display indicates program is running and if any programming feature is active.
- User reset option allows erasing of all programs to default settings except time, day and date
- Program On/Off button: allows the user to turn off the controller/ valve and reactivate it as desired
- Energy conservation; after 15 minutes the controller screen is turned off automatically
- Available with 3/4" and 1" inline valve with flow control
- Rugged, reinforced self-cleaning diaphragm provides reliable operation even with contaminated water.
- High flow with low pressure loss
- Connected into pipe thread configuration
- Latching solenoid with encapsulated plunger and spring for reliable operation
- Wire ready for a rain sensor
- Non-volatile memory
- Utilizes RoHS compliant components
- Completely waterproof (IP68)
- Three-year manufacturer warranty
- Watering duration: 1 minute up to 5 hours and 59 minutes set in one minute increments.
- Watering frequency: weekly or cyclical schedule with odd days, even days or intervals from one to thirty (1- 30) days utilizing 365 day yearly calendar with leap year.
- In weekly schedule the controller can be programmed to operate on any day of the week such as Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- In cyclical schedule the controller can be programmed to operate on odd days, even days or on any day such as every three days.
- Start time: Four start times per day in weekly or cyclical provides added flexibility for any type of watering application including sandy or clay soil.
- 20 preset historical ET programs with 10 climate zones, 10 for drip irrigation and 10 for spray systems.
- Monthly seasonal adjustment budget (0 to 200%) in 5% increments without modifying the controller's program duration; also can be used to fine-tune the preset ET program for each month.
- Rain off/delay option with automatic restart up to 99 days
The ECO1™’ILV’s main features include 20 preset programs of historical Evapotranspiration (ET) for spray heads and drip irrigation with an editing feature that can be used as part of the controller programming. Combining one of the historical Evapotranspiration preset programs and a rain sensor can help seasonally adjust or prevent unnecessary watering and save water. After installation, no further visits to the controller are required.
- Flow range: .1 to 28 GPM
- Operating pressure: 10 to 125 PSI
- Recommended operating pressure: 10 to 80 PSI
- Water temperature range: 38-130°F (3-54°C)
- Inlet and outlet: Female pipe thread (FNPT)
- Power source: Solar (PVM)
- Controller input: 3,000 -100,000+ LUX
- Solenoid: 7-12 VDC, two-way latching, normally closed using two wires
- Valve: globe valve with flow control
How to Use
The ECO1™ ILV solar-powered irrigation controller can be installed above the ground only. It has a 3/4” or 1” inlet and outlet with female pipe thread and it can be installed directly onto a 3/4” PVC with male pipe thread. The controller can be part of a drip irrigation or sprinkler system valve manifold or as a stand-alone unit installed above the ground. Make sure that the valve is installed with the flow direction arrow engraved on the side pointed away from the water source, and that the solenoid is on the outlet side of (downstream from) the valve.
Recommendations: Wrap all fittings with TEFLON tape. Do not use pipe cement (solvent) or pipe dope on the valve as it will damage the valve thread and void the warranty. Do not over tighten.
Programming: This controller uses seven programming buttons to navigate its high resolution LCD icon based display. The controller’s four buttons (left, right, up and down arrows) are used to select or modify a program parameter, the large button in the center is used to accept the parameter change and move or skip to the next step or icon, the right lower button is used for manual on/off, and the left lower button is used for program off or to stop irrigation when it is raining.
This controller requires light as the source of energy and will take about 45 minutes to charge.
Installation into a PVC pipe or to pipe thread
- If installation is into a PVC pipe, first shut off the main water supply.
- We recommend installing a 3/4" ball valve or gate valve before the controller. This ball valve can be very useful as an emergency backup to turn the system off. This type of arrangement is used by professional installers.
- Turn the water supply on to flush the line and then shut the water supply off using the new ball or gate valve.
- Install the controller, wrapping TEFLON tape on all the male thread fittings used.
- Turn the water supply on again to pressurize the system. The controller will open momentarily and then will shut off.
- Test the controller using the manual on/off button located on the upper right side. Press the button and the controller will turn on. Check that the system is working and that there are no leaks. Press the button again and the controller will turn off.
- Program the controller.
- If the controller is installed with a drip irrigation system, make sure to add a 15, 25 or 30 PSI pressure regulator to lower the pressure to the drip system, then install a 150 or higher mesh screen filter to protect the drip system, following with a swivel adapter to the drip tubing.
Review the instruction manual included with the unit for details
Adding a rain sensor or any other closed contact sensor
- If a rain sensor or other closed contact sensor is used, cut the yellow wires and add the sensor per the sensor instructions, making sure to use a waterproof wire connection.
ECO1 ILV Solar Powered Digital Timer Quickstart Guide (PDF)
ECO1 ILV Solar Powered Digital Timer Manual (PDF)