The Modine model GLW units are specifically designed to heat greenhouses with low-temperature water. They can be successfully used in applications where waste or reject heat from steam-electric power plants, refineries, pumping stations, distilleries, and other industrial or processing plants can be utilized for heating. With the ever-increasing cost of fossil fuel, utilizing reject heat as a heat source for greenhouses is a sensible solution with the model GLW.
- Hot water coil with 1/2" O.D. copper tubes, aluminum fins, and 1-1/2" MPT copper connections.
- Maximum operating pressure is 300 PSI, maximum operating water temperature is 180°F
- Frame, enclosure panels, and 24" polytube transitions are galvanized steel for corrosion resistance in humid environments.
- 1/2 HP, totally enclosed motors (1 for GLW330S, 2 for GLW660S), available for single phase or three phase voltages.
- High airflow, 3850CFM for GLW330S and 7700CFM for GLW660S, based on 150 feet of polytube duct.
Unit performance is based on the flow rate and the temperature of the water relative to the ambient air temperature. Refer to Figure 6.1 and the following example for determining performance.
Determine heating capacity in BTU/hr for model GLW660S at 20GPM, 100°F entering water, and 70°F entering air.
- 1. Figure 6.1 shows output in terms of BTU/hr per °F of ETD (Entering Temperature Difference). ETD is the difference between the entering water temperature and the entering air temperature. For this example, ETD = 100°F – 70°F = 30°F.
- From Figure 6.1, at 20GPM, the BTU/hr per °F of ETD for the GLW660S is 5000.
- The heating capacity = 5000 x 30 = 150,000 BTU/hr.
- The water temperature drop = (heating capacity)/(500 x GPM) = 150,000/(500 x 20) = 15°F.
- The water pressure drop from the curve is 0.7 Ft. of water.
GLW units may not be returned for credit.
This item ships free via Motor Freight Carrier - almost anywhere in the Continental United States!
On rare occasions addresses with limited access such as islands or major metropolitan areas (ie: New York City) may incur additional delivery fees; if so, you will be contacted to confirm the extra shipping cost before your order is processed. Shipments to Alaska or Hawaii qualify for free shipping to any West Coast port. Please contact us for special shipping rates from the West Coast to Alaska or Hawaii.
Motor Freight Agreement
- Full Size Semi: Your location must be able to accommodate a full size semi-truck trailer of up to 70ft. in length.
- Someone Must Be Present: You or someone else authorized must be present to unload the shipment. Exact delivery date will be arranged via phone by freight company.