DIG's 1/4" (0.156 ID x 0.245 OD) commercial-grade 50' black Vinyl Micro Tubing is made of high quality vinyl, the micro tubing is flexible and relatively soft. It is manufactured with an antioxidant and contains a minimum of 2% concentrated Carbon Black to protect the finished product from thermal degradation. The vinyl micro tubing is used in a wide range of drip irrigation applications, including as feeder lines from the 1/2" drip tubing to extend drip emitters or micro sprinklers to the plants, as extensions from the 4-, 6- and 12-outlet drip manifolds or as the supply line for a complete 1/4" drip system.
The 1/4" Micro Tubing may be installed above the ground and covered with mulch to blend with the landscape, or extended from the 1/2" drip tubing and installed below the ground. The Micro Tubing may also be used as the sole supply line for a small complete system for containers and potted patio gardens.
- Contains a minimum of 2% concentrated Carbon Black and an antioxidant to protect the drip tubing from thermal degradation
- Use with 1/4" barbed fittings
- Softer, more flexible and easier to use than poly micro tubing
- Meets the demand of micro irrigation systems for above- or below-ground layouts in agricultural, landscape and residential gardening installations
- Interchangeable with other manufacturers' brands of the same OD size micro tubing
- Operating pressure: up to 60 PSI
- Bending radius: 10"
- Size: 1/4", 156 ID x .245 OD (.50 wall thickness)
- Material: vinyl with a minimum of 2% Carbon Black
How to Use
Using the micro tubing as a feeder line:
- To connect the micro tubing to the 1/2" drip tubing, first force a 1/4" barb or 1/4" into the end of the micro tubing, and then use the punch tool to make a hole in the drip tubing.
- Insert the barb into the hole in the drip tubing. Use the micro tubing as a feeder line to reach a plant or cluster of plants away from the drip tubing, installing a drip emitter, micro sprinkler or micro sprayer at the end of the micro tubing.
Using the micro tubing as a basis for a complete system:
- Connect the 1/4" vinyl micro tubing to the 1/4" hose thread adapter by forcing the end of the micro tubing into the compression side of the adapter while moving the tubing from side to side.
- Uncoil the micro tubing and lay it out adjacent to the plants that will be irrigated.
- Near each plant or container, cut the micro tubing and install a 1/4" tee or in-line drip emitter.
- Connect another piece of 1/4" micro tubing to the side outlet of the 1/4" tee and extend it out to the plant or container.
- Open the supply valve momentarily and flush out the line(s) and then install a drip emitter or other emission device at the end of the micro tubing.
- Secure the drip emitter in place by installing a stabilizer stake to the micro tubing next to the drip emitter.
Note: It is not recommended to use the Vinyl Micro Tubing in high temperatures at pressures above 25 PSI. At high temperatures and pressures, the micro tubing may become disconnected from the fittings.