Most planting sites lack the beneficial fungi and bacteria that new trees, plants and shrubs need due to tillage, home construction, site preparation and the removal of top soils. These activities reduce the mycorrhizal forming potential of soil. Soil Moist Transplant is formulated from several species of beneficial fungi and bacteria to inoculate shrubs, plants and trees during planting time. Soil Moist Transplant's diverse blend of healthy viable ectomycorrhizal and endomycorrhizal propagules are adapted to a wide range of plants and habitat conditions. The formulation will provide the inoculated area to colonize on the newly planted stock in a wide variety of growing and temperature conditions.
The mycorrhizal fungi colonize plant roots and extend far into the soil. The fungi improves the ability of the plants to utilize the soil resources. The fungi increase water and nutrient uptake by providing a larger root mass. Soil Moist water storing polymers are included in the formulation to reduce transplant stress and water maintenance while increasing the establishment of newly planted stock. A very beneficial biostimulant formulation is included in Soil Moist Transplant to promote root growth, formulation and enhance microbial and plant growth.
Soil Moist Transplant is effective on all types of trees, shrubs and plants with the exception of Laurels, Rhododendrons and Azaleas.
- Increases plant establishment
- Reduces plant waterings
- Reduces transplanting stress and plant loss
- Improves soil and plant ecosystem
- Increases nutrient and water uptake
- 8-9 month time release fertilizer with 3-3-3 NPK rating
Each three ounce package contains a minimum of 1080 viable propagules from seven species of endomycorrhizal fungi and a minimum of 110 million viable propagules from seven species of ectomycorrhizal fungi. In addition to Soil Moist water storing polymer granules, the formulation contains a highly diverse and effective biostimulant formulation which includes:
- Sea kelp extract Ecklonia Maxima and Leondardite humates
- Five strains of Trichoderma fungi that produce natural growth hormones.
- Minimum of 937 million colony forming units from 50 strains of bacteria which include 15 strains of Bacillus, 5 strains of Psuedomonas and 10 strains of Streptomycetes. These bacteria promote root growth and formulation.
- Folic and fulvic acid to enhance plant growth, biotin, natural sugars and vitamins B, B1, B2, B3 and B12 to promote plant growth and establishment.
Soil Moist Mycorrhizal Product Information