Our Evaporative Cooling Pads are a high-efficiency evaporative cooling media for greenhouses, warehouses, enclosed patios and many other spaces. This swamp cooler padding is built for a long-lasting and low maintenance life. It's constructed with high-absorption cellulose virgin Kraft paper that has a density of 110 grams per square meter. The paper is treated with wetting additives and anti-rot agents for maximum efficiency and longevity. High-quality adhesives and rigidifying agents have been added for increased resistance to wear and tear. Additionally, the air inlet side of the Cooling Pads have been dipped in specialized black plastic resin which helps reduce scaling and mineral buildup.
Due to mineral buildup, it's recommended that you replace an evaporative cooler pad every 3-5 years. Maintain or upgrade your greenhouse evaporative cooler with these premium single-side swamp cooler pads. The 12-inch wide pads are available in multiple lengths and thicknesses to fit the evaporative systems we sell plus many others from leading manufacturers. Greenhouse cooling pads are sold in five-packs with volume discount pricing for commercial and industrial clients. Not sure which pad fits your cooler? Call Greenhouse Megastore Monday-Friday at 1-888-281-9337.
Coated Evaporative Cooler Pad Features:
- Top Quality Pads and Media - Proven success since 1990
- Consistent Performance - High-efficiency and low-pressure drop
- Durable Construction for Longer Life - Heavier paper and higher resin content
- Easy to Install and Maintain - Self-cleaning and self-supporting design
- Customized Cooling - Variety of sizes and flute angles available
- 18-Month limited warranty
- Wide range of applications
- Agriculture and horticulture
- Industrial and commercial
- Comfort cooling
Operation and Maintenance Information
To keep evaporative cooling pads and media lasting the longest and performing at top efficiency, please use the following recommendations:
- Install the pads according to the system manufacturer's instructions.
- Maintain pH of the water between 6 and 8.
- Check and clean the distribution headers for obstructions or clogged holes.
- Dry the pads completely for 24 hours to prevent algae build-up.
- Maintain a 3-5% water bleed-off rate.
- Shade the pads and the sump from direct sunlight.
- Keep a steady, even water flow over the pads to help prevent mineral buildup.
- Use a soft bristled brush to clean debris and then flush the system afterward.
- Drain and disinfect the entire water distribution system quarterly or as needed.
- Do not cycle the pump with on and off times which will shorten pad life.
- Regularly inspect the pads for bowing, sagging or dry streaks.
- Remove any debris from the sump and cooling system.
- Algae and scale treatments, if needed, must follow manufacturer's instructions.
- Do not allow the bottom of the pads to sit in water.
- If possible, avoid outside contaminants that provide nutrients for algae growth.
I used these to replace some pads that are no longer manufactured, a little cut and trim and Boom 💥 the cooler is working. These Pads perform great 👍
These pads were exactly what I was needing to update from our old pads. Customer Service was great, and the free shipping was a fantastic bonus. By using Greenhouse Megastore, our department was able to save money and receive our pads in a very timely manner.
I bought these for my smaller portacool. They fit perfectly and much cheaper than portacool’s inflated prices. I can’t speak for the longevity yet but the coating on the outside portion seems like it will help preserve them over the originals.
We replaced the evaporative pads on our California Teaching Greenhouse several times, each sourced from Greenhouse Megastore. The pads are always well made, but the most recent replacement is slightly tougher and seems not to be quite as efficient as the prior versions.
Bought 7 60x12x4 and made the mistake to open the boxes inside my house. Do not. They have an strong chemical smell. I got a strong allergic reaction swollen eyes, itchy hands and breathing problems. Open yours outside and water them as much as you can before handle. Use gloves and a respirator until the smells goes away. I have use them before and they work like a charm, but either I got sensitized, or they add some new chemical to this batch and I got an allergic reaction.
Keep some bendryl on hand just in case.
My original pads for my greenhouse evaporative cooler were not coated on one side and lasted 7 years. I anticipate these pads to last even longer. Also rapid delivery!
Works amazing, I have my greenhouse functioning again in the summer time.
Bought a 5 pack of the 48x12x4 pads to use for assembly of a portable outdoor cooler. They are excellent quality and drop the temperature from 86 degrees ambient to 62 degrees using a custom built setup at 22% humidity in Tucson, AZ. I knocked one star off because they were not packaged securely, 2 of the pads had approximately 6 inch by 4 inch chunks taken out due to shipping issues undoubtedly. Thevoutside box was damaged as well. Overall, very happy but shipping needs to be addressed.
The product came to the house quickly and was in excellent condition. I cut them in half and am using for a swamp cooler in front of the intake louvers.
Replacements, work as expected