RediRoot Air Pruning Propagation Trays encourage vigorous root development and minimize pruning prior to planting. Their design reduces circling roots and provides an ideal environment for air root pruning to occur.
Air root pruning is a process where a plant's roots are pruned as they grow rather than when they are transplanted. This is especially important during the propagation phase since once a plant's roots begin to circle they do not stop.
- 360-degree air-pruning
- Reduces and often eliminates circling roots
- Airflow allows growing medium to dry evenly reducing wet spots
- Increases yield
- Produces a dense, fibrous root structure
- Reduces transplant shock
- Made from recycled materials
- BPA-free and UV resistant
|Cavities per tray||18||32|
|Volume Cu. (in.)||25.7||11.1|
I bought these to use next Spring for tomato and pepper starts, so I haven't used them yet but they feel very sturdy. Stoked to try air pruning on veggies.