Do you need a tool shed but can’t use up too much space? The 8 ft. x 4 ft. single-door SpaceSaver Garden Shed is the ideal solution. The 86″ rear wall height will provide plenty of storage for your supplies. Made in Canada with Sustainably Sourced American and Canadian Western Red Cedar.
The 8 ft. x 4 ft. Space Saver makes a great all-around Garden Shed. This attractive lean-to style makes it the ideal choice for placement against a fence or house. It features a screened aluminum window that provides ventilation and comes with a flower box for added charm. With a wall height of 96″ at the rear, the Space Saver features plenty of headroom. The included door can be configured on the front, or the side of the shed whichever suits you better.
The panelized walls feature sustainably sourced Western Red Cedar and assemble with ease! Simply screw or nail components together on the supplied floor with hardware included.
Assembly is easy and takes approximately two days to complete with a helper. The kit includes a detailed assembly manual and a detailed assembly video.
Finger Jointed Bevel Cedar Siding:
What is Finger Jointed Bevel Cedar Siding?
Finger jointed bevel siding (wall cladding), is lumber made from high grade short pieces of cedar, joined together to make longer pieces of wall siding. The joints fit together like interlacing fingers that are glued together.
The use of finger jointing by our forest industry is good for our environment. It enhances the recovery from our natural resources by allowing the use of small pieces of lumber.
These would otherwise be put into landfill or into significantly less valued uses.
Quality and Value:
Finger jointed cedar enables the use of beautiful Western Red Cedar siding, at a fraction of the cost of non-finger jointed lumber.
The finger jointing process has evolved over the years, with this lumber having the added benefit of enhanced stability for use by our valued customers.
Staining and Painting:
Cedar is desired for its aesthetic qualities. Its natural beauty has a wide range of color variations. (blonde, to earthy red, to brown).
As these finger jointed boards are made up of small pieces joined together, you will see a mix of colors in one piece of siding.
These natural colors, and the architectural look of the finger joints, may be enhanced with a variety of clear stains; or given a more uniform look with solid or semi-solid colored stains.
Western Red Cedar Shingle Roof System:
The following materials will be included with your shed kit:
- Western Red Cedar Shingle Panels. Cedar Shingles will be already attached to the 1/2” plywood roof sheathing. Roofing paper will be included between plywood and shingles to prevent water penetration
- Seam Filler Shingles – our proprietary designed Filler Shingles are included to be attached to roof panels to create a seamless and tight roof
- Western Red Cedar Roof Ridge Caps
- All necessary hardware to attach the roofing system correctly
Shingles will have a 6 1/2” exposure to prevent premature cupping and deterioration of the shingle.Simply lift each panel up and place on roof rafters. Attach each panel and then position our proprietary filler shingle in roof seams.To complete, position roof ridge caps on roof apex and attach with supplied fasteners.
SpaceSaver Lean-to Shed 8x4, Single Door Features:
- Assembled dimensions: 103 in. W x 55 in. D x 96 in. H (Rear), 84 in. H (Front)
- Floor Footprint = 96 in. W x 45.5 in. D
- Western Red Cedar construction for natural strength and beauty
- 163.91 cu. ft. of storage capacity to accommodate your seasonal items
- Panelized assembly pieces - no time-consuming, dangerous cutting required
- 2 ft. x 4 ft. cedar joists and floor runners included for the floor frame
- 5/8 in. thick plywood floor pieces precut for your convenience
- One functional aluminum window with screens and locks for great ventilation
- Flower box for underneath the window provides added charm
- 31 in. wide solid door provides easy access to your stored items
- Panelized walls include Western Red Cedar cladding already attached on 2×3 wall framing
- Panelized wall design features 3/4 inch thick cedar bevel siding
- Assembly time is approximately 1 to 2 days
- Product ships unstained and accepts a wide range of finishes to help you create a personalized look
- Made entirely with renewable resources for environmental friendliness
- Door configuration is optional and can be placed on the front or side providing additional functionality for your situation
- Minimal tools required and all hardware included