This J&D Typhoon Exhause Fan is a dependable, yet economical ventilation solution for greenhouses, livestock buildings and other industrial and commercial settings. Slant wall housing is constructed from heavy duty 18 gauge galvanized steel for superior durability and longevity while the galvanized blades are engineered for high output and low noise. Tough, energy efficient totally enclosed motor features automatic thermal protection, pre-lubricated ball bearings and dual-voltage capabilities. Each fan assembly includes slant wall housing, aluminum shutters, hot dip galvanized (after welding) guard and motor. The motor has a 2 year warranty, everything else has a one year warranty for parts and workmanship.
- GUARD - Hot dip galvanized guards are easy to clean and have superior corrosion resistance.
- MOTOR - Tough, energy efficient, totally enclosed, automatic thermal protection, pre-lubricated ball bearings - 2 year warranty.
- BLADE - Highly efficient, easy cleaning, balanced for smooth operation and extended life of blade and motor. 24" and 30" are aluminum blades. 36" through 50" are galvanized (50" is optionally cast aluminum).
- SHUTTER - High performance aluminum shutters.
- HOUSING - Heavy duty 18 gauge galvanized construction for superior durability and longevity.
Select desired shutter model from drop down box at the top right of the page. Sizing information below.
DD - Direct Drive, BD - Belt Drive, CA - Cast Aluminum
^ - Variable speed fans require separate variable speed control to adjust fan speed.
** - On 2 speed fans, the low CFM is 2/3 of the high CFM, separate speed control required.
Rough Openings for Greenhouses
|Fan Size||Rough Opening|
|24"||31" W x 31" H|
|30"||37" W x 37" H|
|36"||41" W x 41" H|
|42"||49" W x 49" H|
|50"||55" W x 55" H|
Note: Heights may vary as your wall gets thicker like a cinder block wall
How do I size my fan and shutters system?
1. The first thing that you need to determine is the amount of air required. This is stated in CFM (Cubic Feet of Air per Minute).
2. Use the following formula to determine the CFM required for your greenhouse:
CFM = Length x Width x Height
Example: Greenhouse 12' wide x 24' long x 12' high requires 3456 CFM (12 x 24 x 12 = 3456).
3. Reference the above table. Select the appropriate combination of fan(s) to achieve the necessary CFM rating. Be sure to match the total CFM output for your exhaust fan(s) to the CFM ratings for your Inlet Shutters.
This item ships free via Motor Freight Carrier - almost anywhere in the Continental United States!
On rare occasions addresses with limited access such as islands or major metropolitan areas (ie: New York City) may incur additional delivery fees; if so, you will be contacted to confirm the extra shipping cost before your order is processed. Shipments to Alaska or Hawaii qualify for free shipping to any West Coast port. Please contact us for special shipping rates from the West Coast to Alaska or Hawaii.
Motor Freight Agreement
- Full Size Semi: Your location must be able to accommodate a full size semi-truck trailer of up to 70ft. in length.
- Someone Must Be Present: You or someone else authorized must be present to unload the shipment. Exact delivery date will be arranged via phone by freight company.
not to difficult to install. I removed the fan and motor to lighten it up during installation. Low speed is noisier than high and seems to vibrate more. It definitely moves the cooler air into my 48' greenhouse. Works as advertised.
Completely assembled, quick installation, quiet and effective for 32K cu ft metal warehouse. Freight is not inexpensive.
This is an excellent fan with more than enough power to get the job done. The unit comes set up for hard-wire however, we wired it for plug-in (pig-tail not included) set up for easier maintainence. I just like the idea of being able to unplug it if need be. Very easy installation and the unit isn't overly loud. I have two of them installed at the back of a 24x60 greenhouse. Definitely recommend this product!