This J&D Typhoon Exhause Fan with Cone is a dependable, yet economical ventilation solution for greenhouses, livestock buildings and other industrial and commercial settings. Steel slant wall housing with an energy efficient, totally enclosed motor. The motor has a 2 year warranty, everything else has a one year warranty for parts and workmanship. This fan includes a heavy gauge galvanized cone for increased performance.
- Spring loaded belt tightener on belt-drive fans.
- Efficient 3 or 4 blade galvanized prop.
- Balanced blade and pulley for smooth operation.
- Matched motor & belt ratio for maximum air, without overloading the motor.
- Motor has a Two year warranty.
- Cost-efficient heavy galvanized construction.
- Galvanized 4 way mount.
- Aluminum shutter has extruded frame with welded corners for added strength.
- 1" Stainless Steel Shaft.
- Eccentric Lock Collar Bearings.
- Slant wall housing improves airflow and allows condensation, rain, and snow to move away from the building
- Deep Cone to reduce back pressure and boost performance.
24", 30", 36", 42", and 50" fan sizes available (see chart below).
Fan Performance Specifications
Select desired fan model from drop down box at the top right of the page. Sizing information below.
DD - Direct Drive, BD - Belt Drive, CA - Cast Aluminum
^ - Variable speed fans require separate variable speed control to adjust fan speed.
** - On 2 speed fans, the low CFM is 2/3 of the high CFM, separate speed control required.
Rough Openings for Greenhouses
|Fan Size||Rough Opening|
|24"||31" W x 31" H|
|30"||37" W x 37" H|
|36"||41" W x 41" H|
|42"||49" W x 49" H|
|50"||55" W x 55" H|
Note: Heights may vary as your wall gets thicker like a cinder block wall
How do I size my fan and shutters system?
1. The first thing that you need to determine is the amount of air required. This is stated in CFM (Cubic Feet of Air per Minute).
2. Use the following formula to determine the CFM required for your greenhouse:
CFM = Length x Width x Height
Example: Greenhouse 12' wide x 24' long x 12' high requires 3456 CFM (12 x 24 x 12 = 3456)
3. Reference the above table. Select the appropriate combination of fan(s) to achieve the necessary CFM rating. Be sure to match the total CFM output for your exhaust fan(s) to the CFM ratings for your Inlet Shutters.
This item ships free via Motor Freight Carrier - almost anywhere in the Continental United States!
On rare occasions addresses with limited access such as islands or major metropolitan areas (ie: New York City) may incur additional delivery fees; if so, you will be contacted to confirm the extra shipping cost before your order is processed. Shipments to Alaska or Hawaii qualify for free shipping to any West Coast port. Please contact us for special shipping rates from the West Coast to Alaska or Hawaii.
Motor Freight Agreement
- Full Size Semi: Your location must be able to accommodate a full size semi-truck trailer of up to 70ft. in length.
- Someone Must Be Present: You or someone else authorized must be present to unload the shipment. Exact delivery date will be arranged via phone by freight company.