Sphagnum peat moss is well suited for indoor and outdoor horticultural applications. It conditions all soils by improving aeration, water drainage and nutrient/water retention. It is used as soil amendment for gardens as well as for preparation and restoration of lawns. 100% Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss.
- 8 1/2" W x 16" L x 11 1/2" H
- High organic matter (100% natural)
- Free of insects and odors
- High water-retention
- Holds fertilizers near plant roots
- Conditions and improves all soils
- Enriches all types of soils
- Pleasant to work with
- Reduces the need for frequent watering
- Optimizes plant growth
- Ensures maximum root system development
- Major ingredient for planting mix
- Establishing new lawns
- Top dressing and lawn maintenance
- Soil conditioning for:
- Heaths (Azaleas, Camellias, Rhododendrons, etc.)
- Evergreens (Pines, Hemlocks, Spruce, etc.)
- Flowers bulbs and vegetables
- Roses, trees, shrubs
This product may ship via Standard Ground Service or Motor Freight Carrier.
When I opened up the bail I found a lot of yellowish fungus/mold on the pet moss surface. There is no way I can use it for my Begonias and African Violets. Never thought I would receive such a poor product. Huge disappointment and money loss.
I was nervous about using Greenhouse because of the many poor reviews but decided to take a change. Got my vermiculite today - all good. Ordering was easy on website. There was no shipping fee which was lovely and everything came in less than a week. No complaints at all.
well worth the price. other products have large chunks. This is very fine. Perfect for mixing my own seed starter mix.
Great but not 1 cubic foot! It is 11% short of a cubic foot
Size even older women can handle! Convenient since comes directly to the house.
HAD better , this is ok stuff, but very fine, we like a courser version which this looked like but as stated it is VERY fine and came quite wet. so heavy. but appears rich...
Nice, heavily compacted. You get a lot of product once separated.
I used this to make my own potting mix and for soil blocks. It worked great for that. I've since learned that peat is not a sustainable product, and coir fibers are recommended as an alternative. But if you don't care about any of that, then this is great stuff.
awesome! great value