Covering overhead starts to rise when extras are added - anti-condensate, thermal capabilities, light diffusion or bee compatibility. Light transmission is 87% per layer. The Thermal AC Film is a new generation of horticultural films - combining all of these extras into one package. Superior drip control, energy savings, light diffusion and bee compatibility are all packaged together to provide growers with one film at one cost. However, please note that product should not come into contact with PVC piping as this will degrade the product and void the warranty. If using with pvc, please use our batten tape or white felt in between.
Please note - Many of the Plastic Film sizes offered will be folded for delivery and shipped on rolls of up to 8' in length.
- 6 Mil
- UV Stabilized
- Superior Drip Contol
- Increased Night Time Temperatures
- Guaranteed Longer Life -- 4 years
- Bee compatibility feature allows more of the UV spectrum to pass through the film, making it easier for bees to achieve pollination
- Energy Absorption in the 7,000nm to 14,000nm Range
- Light transmission is 87%
- Light diffusion is 55%
- Excellent Infrared Retention While Maintaining High Light Transmission in the Visible and PAR Energy Ranges
- Higher Overnight Temperatures Maintained Compared to Non-IR Films
Why Use Anti-Condensate Films?
Formation of condensation inside a greenhouse is a major issue in a polyethylene greenhouses. Condensation droplets have been shown to reduce light transmission by as much as 50%. In addition to a of light quality, crop damage/spots, washout on seed beds and possible pathogen development may also occur. All of the anti-condensate films contain surface tension modifiers to help limit the formation of condensation droplets.
There are many factors that will influence the longevity of the anti-condensate feature of all polyethylene films. Some factors that affect anti-condensate performance are:
- a very warm season
- a very humid/rainy season
- increased plant transpiration caused by high irrigation rates
- poor airflow
- ventilation practices
- insufficient film slopes
When ordering this film, allow processing time of 10-12 working days before order is shipped.
Discounts are available for multiple roll orders. Click on the View volume discount link under the price above to view volume pricing or call 888-281-9337 for custom pricing on very large orders.
View Warranty (PDF)
Important Note: Depending on the environment, Polyvinyl chloride (PVC) based materials including any type of PVC pipe, PVC wire or PVC tape, etc. may react with greenhouse polymer films and cause wear. In such cases Chlorine generated from the degradation of PVC and the residual chlorine inside PVC may attack and destroy the Hindered Amine Light Stabilizer in the greenhouse polymer film. This may cause the film to prematurely degrade and will void the warranty. If using with pvc, please use our white felt in between.
This item ships free via Ground Parcel Service. Sizes longer than 55' ship via Motor Freight Carrier - almost anywhere in the Continental United States!
On rare occasions addresses with limited access such as islands or major metropolitan areas (ie: New York City) may incur additional delivery fees; if so, you will be contacted to confirm the extra shipping cost before your order is processed. Shipments to Alaska or Hawaii qualify for free shipping to any West Coast port. Please contact us for special shipping rates from the West Coast to Alaska or Hawaii.
Motor Freight Agreement
- Full Size Semi: Your location must be able to accommodate a full size semi-truck trailer of up to 70ft. in length.
- Someone Must Be Present: You or someone else authorized must be present to unload the shipment. Exact delivery date will be arranged via phone by freight company.