Currently on this product, there may be as much as a one week lead-time for shipping from date of order.
Motorized aluminum shutters used as outside air intake or free-air exhaust when connected to a controller. Outdoor air is drawn in through this motorized shutter and hot air is exhausted through a motorized shutter fan. Can also be used as exhaust shutter with an evaporative cooler.
Dimensions for the shutter kit are 12", 16", 18", 20", 24", or 30".
- High efficiency shutter with tie bar to eliminate shutter flapping.
- Powered Aluminum Intake Shutters or free-air exhaust.
- Nylons bearings; solid shafts; drawn cup-type sleeves on all movable linkage.
- Frame of heavy aluminum extrusion with 1/2" channel lock water stop with precision milled and welded corners for durability.
- Interlocking blades for maximum weather seal.
- Constructed with rigid "T" section center member.
- Optional Shutter Motor Kit available to turn any shutter into a power shutter.
Select desired shutter model from drop down box at the top right of the page. Sizing information below.
|Model NO.||Description||CFM||Rough-In Opening|
|VRSG12A||Single Panel Motorized Shutter||500||12.5" x 12.5"|
|VRSG16A||Single Panel Motorized Shutter||890||16.5" x 16.5"|
|VRSG18A||Single Panel Motorized Shutter||1125||18.5" x 18.5"|
|VRSG20A||Single Panel Motorized Shutter||1388||20.5" x 20.5"|
|VRSG24A||Single Panel Motorized Shutter||2000||24.5" x 24.5"|
|VRSG30A||Single Panel Motorized Shutter||3125||30.5" x 30.5"|
|VRSG36A||Double Panel Motorized Shutter||5000||36.5" x 36.5"|
|VRSG40A||Double Panel Motorized Shutter||6300||40.5" x 40.5"|
|VRSG42A||Double Panel Motorized Shutter||7000||42.5" x 42.5"|
|VRSG48A||Double Panel Motorized Shutter||9000||48.5" x 48.5"|
|VRSG54A||Double Panel Motorized Shutter||12000||54.5" x 54.5"|
|VRSG60A||Double Panel Motorized Shutter||14000||60.5" x 60.5"|
How do I size my fan and shutters system?
1. The first thing that you need to determine is the amount of air required. This is stated in CFM (Cubic Feet of Air per Minute).
2. Use the following formula to determine the CFM required for your greenhouse:
CFM = Length x Width x Height
Example: Greenhouse 12' wide x 24' long x 12' high requires 3456 CFM (12 x 24 x 12 = 3456).
3. Reference the above table. Select the appropriate combination of fan(s) to achieve the necessary CFM rating. Be sure to match the total CFM output for your exhaust fan(s) to the CFM ratings for your Inlet Shutters.
This item ships free via Motor Freight Carrier - almost anywhere in the Continental United States!
On rare occasions addresses with limited access such as islands or major metropolitan areas (ie: New York City) may incur additional delivery fees; if so, you will be contacted to confirm the extra shipping cost before your order is processed. Shipments to Alaska or Hawaii qualify for free shipping to any West Coast port. Please contact us for special shipping rates from the West Coast to Alaska or Hawaii.
Motor Freight Agreement
- Full Size Semi: Your location must be able to accommodate a full size semi-truck trailer of up to 70ft. in length.
- Someone Must Be Present: You or someone else authorized must be present to unload the shipment. Exact delivery date will be arranged via phone by freight company.
Heavy gauge aluminum high quality shutter! Sturdy, and strong this shutter will last for years and years!
As always dealing with GMS and my Sales Rep River, made this purchase as perfect as it could be!
So far, so good! I bought a pair of these to replace some PVC louver shutters that completely failed during a "bomb cyclone" we had in March 2019. These aluminum ones are a more rigid material, so they don't have the problem of flexing in high winds and blowing apart. They've already been through 50 mph winds with 60 mph gusts, and I do not anticipate that they'll have any problems with the 80-100 mph winds we sometimes get here, but time will tell. One word of advice though, they will flop open if hit with a direct blast of wind, so if that's a problem in your area, you might want to install a protective barrier over them when it's very windy.